Nel happy to be bog-standard world champ!
ST NEOTS is the new home of the ladies Mountain Bike Bog Snorkelling world champion. Nel Soetekouw of Eaton Ford, clinched the crown at the ninth annual staging of the event in Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales on Saturday. The event saw competitors cycle 30 yards
ST NEOTS is the new home of the ladies' Mountain Bike Bog Snorkelling world champion.
Nel Soetekouw of Eaton Ford, clinched the crown at the ninth annual staging of the event in Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales on Saturday.
The event saw competitors cycle 30 yards through a bog, round a pole and back again on a specially weighted mountain bike.
Nel, 42, finished the course in 1 minute 56 seconds which proved to be the fastest time of the day and enough to give her the world title.
The newly-crowned world champion said: "We regularly go mountain biking in Wales and I thought this weekend wasn't going to be any different.
"Then it turned out my husband Marc had registered us for the bog cycling event!
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
"It was great fun and it's great to hold a world title!"
Marc also competed and finished fifth in the men's competition in 1 minute 59 seconds.