Needingworth cling on to hopes of promotion
NEEDINGWORTH kept their faint promotion hopes alive with a comprehensive victory against Fordham II in the CCA N1. The Needingworth bowlers kept Fordham down to 87 all out on a damp wicket, with Bob Milne picking up three wickets. James Biddle and Glenn M
NEEDINGWORTH kept their faint promotion hopes alive with a comprehensive victory against Fordham II in the CCA N1.
The Needingworth bowlers kept Fordham down to 87 all out on a damp wicket, with Bob Milne picking up three wickets.
James Biddle and Glenn Morris took two wickets each as Needingworth dominated.
Despite an excellent opening spell of bowling from Gary Palmer, who took 2-21 from 10 overs, Needingworth cruised to victory in 29 overs.
Mature batting from 16-year-olds Biddle (43) and Callum Mitcham (18 not out) secured the win.
# Tom Milner produced a career-best performance to secure victory for Upwood in their Hunts League Division 1 match against Sawtry.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Milner took 8-31 in just nine overs with the ball as Sawtry were restricted to 139 - and then top scored with 39 for his side as Upwood reached the target with two wickets to spare.
Needingworth's Glenn Morris is pictured.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 6404.