National semi-final awaits for St Ivo School side
- Credit: Archant
The St Ivo School Under 14 girls team have reached a national semi-final.
The talented local pupils booked their place in the English Schools Football Association (ESFA) Under 14 PlayStation Schools’ Cup with a 3-2 victory against Moulsham High School, from Chelmsford, in the last eight.
Katherine Speed hit two of the St Ivo goals before Elle Jefferson clinched their passage with a late strike.
They will now host either Hanham Woods Academy of Bristol or Ruislip High School, Hillingdon, in the last four.
The Under 13 girls could also progress to the semi-finals. They have a home quarter-final tie against Stanley Park High School, Sutton to come.
You may also want to watch:
And the Under 12 girls team made an emphatic start to their national challenge with a 10-0 victory at Burgoyne Middle School in Bedfordshire.
The St Ivo Under 12 boys side bowed out at the last 16 of their competition. Kieran Thomas hit a consolation goal in a 6-1 loss at the Wigston Academy in Leicestershire.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k