Mud, sweat, gears and glory for St Ives Cycling Club talents
- Credit: Archant
There was double cause for celebration for St Ives Cycling Club at the Mud Sweat and Gears Mountain Bike League for the Eastern region.
Racing at a muddy and hilly course at Henham Park in Suffolk, Bea Pauley won the Under 12 Girls’ race and Holly Hoy emerged victorious in the Under 16 Girls’ Youth category.
Both budding talents fought off tough competition to take victory in their respective races.
Proud coaches Mike Hoy, Mick Curtis and Simon Pauley were all there to cheer on and support all the club riders.
Other St Ives CC junior riders to take part were Nathan and Lilly Gibson and Dom Pauley.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives CC Go Ride club meets every Saturday and alternates between an off-road session at Hinchingbrooke Park and a road session at Alconbury Weald. The sessions are for children aged between 6-16.
Anyone interesting in joining should contact the club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity