Much medal Mc-Glory at AAA championships
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Club Atheletes took away a silver and a bronze medal from the AAA National Indoor Championships in Birmingham last weekend. U15s Daniella McGrory recorded a personal best 9.28 secs in the 60m sprint hurdles to take a silver medal in her f
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Club Atheletes took away a silver and a bronze medal from the AAA National Indoor Championships in Birmingham last weekend.
U15s Daniella McGrory recorded a personal best 9.28 secs in the 60m sprint hurdles to take a silver medal in her first major championship.
She also recorded a personal best time of 8.31 secs in the 60m sprint, coming seventh in the semi-final.
In the U20s ladies' shot putt, Chloe Edwards took the bronze medal with a best throw of 12.97m.
U17s Scott Whitehill set a new Club Age Group Indoor Record in the 400m, finishing fifth in heat one in 54.22 secs.
In the U15s girls' shot putt Ellie Rhodes finished fourth with a personal best.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
U17s Gian Zicchi set a new Club Age Group Record in the 60m sprint, finishing second in heat two in 7.26 secs. He went on to finish fourth in the semi-final.
Andrew Bullimore put in a number of jumps in the long jump before injuring an ankle, ending up in 10th place.
* Hunts AC Juniors won the Junior Frostbite League for the first time last weekend.
The team sealed their win by coming in first in the sixth and final race of the series.
The overall winner was Richard Pawlak of Yaxley, who won every race.
Hunts AC Club Junior Runner of the series was Ian McLaren.
The Senior team improved to finish the race in fifth place, leaving them eighth in the league.