MOUNTAIN BIKING: St Ives Cycling Club gem Ruby stars with victory in series finale
- Credit: Archant
Ruby O’Dell finished the Mud Sweat and Gears Eastern Region MTB League season on a high.
The St Ives Cycling Club starlet pedalled to Under 9 Girls’ victory in the final round at Langdon Hills last Sunday.
O’Dell certainly wasn’t the only St Ives talent to enjoy success at the Essex venue – clubmates Sam Trotter (second in Youth Male) and Sapphire Curtis (third in Juvenile Female) also managed podium finishes.
Those three riders also took third place in the overall series standings in their respective age groups.
Orla Kenna achieved the same feat in the Under 12 Girls category after finishing sixth in the final race.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Gibson was 16th in the Youth Male race at Langdon Hills despite being involved in a crash the previous day.
Mike Hoy (54th) and Mick Curtis (78th) also represented the club in the Open Male race.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity