MOUNTAIN BIKING: Regional medals for St Ives riders
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Cycling Club riders won medals at the regional championships last Sunday.
Sam Trotter finished second in the Youth Male race and Ruby O’Dell took third spot in the Under 9 contest at Carver Barracks in Essex.
Sapphire Curtis only just missed out on a podium finish when taking fourth place in the Juvenile Female bracket at the event which doubled as fifth round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern Series.
Beatrice Pauley (Juvenile Female), Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls), Nathan Gibson (Junior Male) and Jack Taylor (Sport Male) all finished fifth in their categories.
Other St Ives riders to complete the event were Max O’Dell (20th, Under 9 Boys), Samuel Smith (25th, Under 12 Boys), Nick Smith (29th, Veteran Male) and Elliott Kenna (52nd, Open Male).
You may also want to watch:
But it was a tough day for the Falkner family with brothers Max and Ralf, and their father Leo, all retiring due to punctures.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity