MOUNTAIN BIKING: Gibson flies to second place while fellow St Ives stars also enjoy podium finishes
- Credit: Archant
Nathan Gibson produced a sizzling showing in scorching sunshine during the latest round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern Series yesterday.
Gibson took second spot in the Junior Male category at the Phoenix Cycleworks circuit in Bury St Edmunds as two fellow St Ives Cycling Club riders also claimed podium finishes.
Sam Trotter finished third in the Youth Male bracket and Sapphire Curtis occupied the same position at Juvenile Female level.
Beatrice Pauley was fifth in that event while Orla Kenna took fifth in the Under 12 Girls section.
Further top-10 finishes were provided by Ralf Falkner (sixth, Juvenile Male), Ruby O’Dell (eighth, Under 9 Girls), Dominic Pauley (ninth, Under 12 Boys) and Leo Falkner (10th, Open Male).
St Ives Cycling Club enjoyed more success in the CC Hackney Primavera Circuit Races last Saturday.
Cora Wood finished third in the Under 10 Girls at the third round which was staged at the Lea Valley Velopark in London.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Clubmates Liam Conway (sixth), Aron O’Connor (ninth) and Jacob Wood (10th) all raced in the Under 12 Boys section.