MOUNTAIN BIKING: Gibson flies to second place while fellow St Ives stars also enjoy podium finishes
- Credit: Archant
Nathan Gibson produced a sizzling showing in scorching sunshine during the latest round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern Series yesterday.
Gibson took second spot in the Junior Male category at the Phoenix Cycleworks circuit in Bury St Edmunds as two fellow St Ives Cycling Club riders also claimed podium finishes.
Sam Trotter finished third in the Youth Male bracket and Sapphire Curtis occupied the same position at Juvenile Female level.
Beatrice Pauley was fifth in that event while Orla Kenna took fifth in the Under 12 Girls section.
Further top-10 finishes were provided by Ralf Falkner (sixth, Juvenile Male), Ruby O’Dell (eighth, Under 9 Girls), Dominic Pauley (ninth, Under 12 Boys) and Leo Falkner (10th, Open Male).
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Cycling Club enjoyed more success in the CC Hackney Primavera Circuit Races last Saturday.
Cora Wood finished third in the Under 10 Girls at the third round which was staged at the Lea Valley Velopark in London.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Clubmates Liam Conway (sixth), Aron O’Connor (ninth) and Jacob Wood (10th) all raced in the Under 12 Boys section.