MOUNTAIN BIKING: Delight for O’Dell and plenty more podium success for St Ives Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club enjoyed plenty of podium success yesterday.
They collected a victory, three second places and two third places after producing sizzling performances in freezing conditions at the second round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Mountain Bike League.
Ruby O’Dell was their triumphant rider at the Henham Park circuit in Suffolk as she raced to glory at Under 9 Girls level.
Sapphire Curtis (Juvenile Female), Nathan Gibson (Junior Male) and Sam Trotter (Youth Male) were the three St Ives runners-up.
Trotter was particularly unlucky to miss out on victory after leading for much of his race only to be pipped in a sprint finish.
Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Ralf Falkner (Juvenile Male) both finished third while the Pauley siblings - Dominic (Under 12 Boys) and Beatrice (Juvenile Girls) – only just missed out on the podium when both taking fifth places.
Father Leo (sixth, Open Male) and son Max Falkner (ninth, Youth Male) also recorded top-10 finishes with Jack Taylor 13th in the Sport Male section and Ian Megginson one place further back at Open Male level.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Mick Curtis (28th, Grand Veteran Male) and Elliot Kenna (54th, Open Male) also raced for St Ives.
Elsewhere, Nick Hall finished fifth at Category 4 Male level in the final round of the Full Gas Winter Circuit Series at Lee Valley Velopark in London.
Meanwhile the St Ives ‘Go Ride’ squad finished second in the final Muddy Monsters North Cambs Cylocross League standings after the final round of the series was cancelled last weekend.