MOUNTAIN BIKING: A tumble and twisted handlebars can’t stop St Ives ace Trotter claiming second spot
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club youngster Sam Trotter took second place at the Regional Championships – despite hitting the deck.
Trotter, 15, finished second in the Youth Male category after surviving a crash, but having to complete the race with twisted handlebars.
Clubmate Nathan Gibson, 16, almost made it a medal double as he finished fourth in the same race.
Three other St Ives riders were also in action at the challenging Carver Barracks course in Essex today.
Ruby O’Dell (7) finished fourth in the Under 10 Girls’ category while Beatrice Pauley, 13, occupied the same position at Juvenile Female level after surviving a nasty tumble during the first lap of the race.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Megginson was 22nd in the Open Male section.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages