MOTORSPORT: Tomlinson thrilled with first Lotus Elise Trophy podium finish
- Credit: Archant
Papworth racer Sam Tomlinson has collected his first podium finish in the Lotus Elise Trophy.
Tomlinson took third place in the opening race of the championship’s second round at rainy Brands Hatch recently.
He started seventh on the grid at the Norfolk circuit, but showed his class in wet conditions to work his way up the order.
Tomlinson said: “I was confident I could finish in the top five, but a podium finish made it a great weekend. I proved myself in the wet conditions again.”
Tomlinson, who is sponsored by Skip UK, started the second race in eighth spot on a reverse grid and again made good progress up the order.
You may also want to watch:
But he had to settle for a seventh-placed finish after his wet tyres began to struggle in the closing stages on a drying track.
The next round of the series is at Silverstone on June 3/4.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service