MOTORSPORT: Racing driver Sam Tomlinson sets sights on the podium as he steps into Lotus Elise Championship for 2017
- Credit: Archant
Sam Tomlinson is out to continue his rapid rise in 2017.
The Papworth racer has clinched a deal to compete in the Lotus Elise Championship.
It represents a step up for Tomlinson after his second-placed finish in the BARC Mighty Mini Championship this year – the former British karting champion’s debut season in car racing.
Tomlinson will race for the Kimbolton-based Track Group Ltd team after impressing them in an outing towards the end of last season.
He said: “I’m lucky enough to have been given a great package to drive what I feel is a front-running car for a championship-winning team.
You may also want to watch:
“My initial aim will be to challenge for podium finishes on a consistent basis and establish myself in the top five of the overall standings.
“And it is a move which could open up plenty of other doors as the team do also enter big 24-hour races around the world.”
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford