MOTORSPORT: Racing driver Sam Tomlinson sets sights on the podium as he steps into Lotus Elise Championship for 2017
- Credit: Archant
Sam Tomlinson is out to continue his rapid rise in 2017.
The Papworth racer has clinched a deal to compete in the Lotus Elise Championship.
It represents a step up for Tomlinson after his second-placed finish in the BARC Mighty Mini Championship this year – the former British karting champion’s debut season in car racing.
Tomlinson will race for the Kimbolton-based Track Group Ltd team after impressing them in an outing towards the end of last season.
He said: “I’m lucky enough to have been given a great package to drive what I feel is a front-running car for a championship-winning team.
You may also want to watch:
“My initial aim will be to challenge for podium finishes on a consistent basis and establish myself in the top five of the overall standings.
“And it is a move which could open up plenty of other doors as the team do also enter big 24-hour races around the world.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry