MOTORSPORT: Guy hopes to be feeling Jolly during his anniversary season of racing
- Credit: Archant
Guy Jolly has set his sights on a successful anniversary in 2018.
The Huntingdon racer is gearing up for his 10th season of V8 Hotstox battle and he wants it to be a memorable one.
Jolly’s first outing is this Saturday at Mildenhall Stadium – an event which also features as the opening round of the National Series and World Series.
And he is keen to leave a disappointing 2017 behind him by beginning the new campaign with a bang.
Jolly said: “Last year wasn’t great by any means. We had a few podium finishes, but it was the first time since 2011 that we didn’t manage a win.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of setbacks with a serious engine failure in mid-season and also being caught up in three or four big wrecks along the way.
“We didn’t have the luck on our side and it left the team pretty deflated, but we’re ready to come out fighting for 2018.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
“The car has been totally re-worked in line with new regulations and we hope we can get off to a flyer at Mildenhall.
“It’s important to build some momentum for a really long season ahead and one I hope will be our best yet.”
The packed schedule runs until mid-November and features a total of 31 meetings.
Jolly is no stranger to success. The 27 year-old has twice won the Supreme Championship and also captured the Under 25 Championship.
Jolly, who works as a warehouse logistics manager away from the track, has also won the Northern and Midlands title in the past.
He is grateful for the backing of a number of locally-based sponsors for the coming year. They are HCR104fm, The Cross Keys of Molesworth, Adept Flooring and Installations, Premier Motorsport Developments, Acre Garden Maintenance, Speedy Strength Bulletcrete and Hair by Iwona.