MOTORSPORT: Guy hopes to be feeling Jolly during his anniversary season of racing
- Credit: Archant
Guy Jolly has set his sights on a successful anniversary in 2018.
The Huntingdon racer is gearing up for his 10th season of V8 Hotstox battle and he wants it to be a memorable one.
Jolly’s first outing is this Saturday at Mildenhall Stadium – an event which also features as the opening round of the National Series and World Series.
And he is keen to leave a disappointing 2017 behind him by beginning the new campaign with a bang.
Jolly said: “Last year wasn’t great by any means. We had a few podium finishes, but it was the first time since 2011 that we didn’t manage a win.
“There were a lot of setbacks with a serious engine failure in mid-season and also being caught up in three or four big wrecks along the way.
“We didn’t have the luck on our side and it left the team pretty deflated, but we’re ready to come out fighting for 2018.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
“The car has been totally re-worked in line with new regulations and we hope we can get off to a flyer at Mildenhall.
“It’s important to build some momentum for a really long season ahead and one I hope will be our best yet.”
The packed schedule runs until mid-November and features a total of 31 meetings.
Jolly is no stranger to success. The 27 year-old has twice won the Supreme Championship and also captured the Under 25 Championship.
Jolly, who works as a warehouse logistics manager away from the track, has also won the Northern and Midlands title in the past.
He is grateful for the backing of a number of locally-based sponsors for the coming year. They are HCR104fm, The Cross Keys of Molesworth, Adept Flooring and Installations, Premier Motorsport Developments, Acre Garden Maintenance, Speedy Strength Bulletcrete and Hair by Iwona.