MOTORSPORT: Excellent 2017 for racer Andy Stevens - and hopes 2018 can be even better
- Credit: Archant
Needingworth racer Andy Stevens had double delight in 2017 – thanks to fine finishes in two national competitions.
Stevens was second in the Fueltopia Barrel Sprint Series, ending up just two points behind the multiple world champion.
And he also achieved a third place in Formula Gymkhana thanks to being the fastest driver in the final round at Santa Pod Raceway in Bedfordshire.
Stevens can be found at the wheel of a Subaru Impreza which has already undergone a winter rebuild. The 400hp car is now being tested ahead of another challenge for honours in 2018.
Stevens said: “It was great to secure podium positions in both the national championships last year.
You may also want to watch:
“The car’s designer, Gavin Dring, is confident it will be even quicker in 2018 and hopefully some more victories will follow.”
Gymkhana is one of the fastest-growing motorsport disciplines and tests advanced driving skills as competitors attempt to complete the course as quickly as possibly whilst avoiding obstacles.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives