MOTORSPORT: Electrical and engine problems hold up Sam Tomlinson’s progress in the latest Lotus Elise Trophy round
- Credit: Archant
Sam Tomlinson was plagued by mechanical issues during the latest round of the Lotus Elise Trophy at Oulton Park.
The Papworth racer suffered electrical problems during qualifying at the Cheshire circuit and was then forced to retire from the second race of the weekend with an engine fault.
Tomlinson started the opening race from ninth on the grid and worked his way through to finish in sixth spot.
He settled into fifth place in the second race until being forced back to the pits with only five minutes remaining.
Tomlinson has now slipped to eighth in the overall standings, but remains in top spot in the Rookie of the Year competition with three rounds to go.
The first of those is at Donington Park on August 12 ahead of visits to the Brands Hatch Indy circuit on September 2 and the season climax at Snetterton on October 14.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed