MOTORCYLING: Pair of podium finishes the perfect boost for racer Railton
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton completed a podium double as he enjoyed his best round of the Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup season so far.
The Little Paxton-based racer was in terrific form at the Brands Hatch GP track last weekend – enjoying spells in the lead of both races at the Kent circuit.
Railton took second spot in the first race, which was cut short due to heavy rain, on Saturday before following up in the dry with third spot in the second contest the following day.
“Two podium finishes and two strong points-scoring results are exactly what I needed,” said Railton, who rides for the Boast Plumbing Supplies squad.
“I’m really happy with the weekend went after a couple of retirements lately.”
You may also want to watch:
Railton’s pair of fine finishes lifted him up to fourth place in the championship standings. He is only 13.5 points behind current third-placed man Phil Atkinson.
The series continues at Thruxton over the weekend of August 4 to August 6.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status