MOTORCYCLING: Railton aiming for victory and a runners-up spot
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton has set himself two targets for the remainder of the Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup series.
The Little Paxton racer is confident he can still challenge for second place in the overall championship standings. He is currently fourth with rounds to go.
And Railton is also determined to claim a first race win on 2017 after not managing to climb onto the top step of the podium so far.
Railton said: “Second place in the championship looks like it is going to be very hotly contested and I feel it is within my reach.
“It’s a case of ensuring I maximise my points haul over the final two rounds, and I’m hunting my first win of the season to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Railton had to settle for fifth and fourth-placed finishes in the latest round of the series at Thruxton last weekend.
He was quick to admit that he didn’t fully capitalise on the speed of his Boast Plumbing Supplies machine, which enabled him to set a new lap record early in the second race.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Railton added: “I did okay at Thruxton, but nothing more than that. I picked up solid points for the championship, but didn’t really make the most of the speed my bike had.”
The series resumes at Silverstone over the weekend of September 8 to 10.