MOTORCYCLING: Railton aiming for victory and a runners-up spot
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton has set himself two targets for the remainder of the Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup series.
The Little Paxton racer is confident he can still challenge for second place in the overall championship standings. He is currently fourth with rounds to go.
And Railton is also determined to claim a first race win on 2017 after not managing to climb onto the top step of the podium so far.
Railton said: “Second place in the championship looks like it is going to be very hotly contested and I feel it is within my reach.
“It’s a case of ensuring I maximise my points haul over the final two rounds, and I’m hunting my first win of the season to help.”
Railton had to settle for fifth and fourth-placed finishes in the latest round of the series at Thruxton last weekend.
He was quick to admit that he didn’t fully capitalise on the speed of his Boast Plumbing Supplies machine, which enabled him to set a new lap record early in the second race.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Railton added: “I did okay at Thruxton, but nothing more than that. I picked up solid points for the championship, but didn’t really make the most of the speed my bike had.”
The series resumes at Silverstone over the weekend of September 8 to 10.