Moore signing the ‘catalyst for success’
St Neots Town owner Mike Kearns picks out his key moments from the 2010/11 season
SIGNING striker Stefan Moore was THE key moment that provided the catalyst for St Neots Town’s memorable promotion-winning season.
That is the view of owner and chairman Mike Kearns, who captured the ex-Aston Villa star for an undisclosed five-figure sum from Halesowen Town at the beginning of October.
“Signing Stefan, without any shadow of a doubt, put us on the map.
“There were lots of other excellent signings too of course and closely following Stefan in my view was having Shane Tolley dropped on our lap.”
Kearns also looked back over the other standout moments of the past season, saying: “The worst point was losing at home to King’s Lynn and who can forget Dan Jacob’s 94th minute winner at St Ives three days later?
“Going out of the FA Vase at King’s Lynn didn’t particularly bother us too much, as it meant we could focus on the league without a fixture pile-up.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 7 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
“Another result that also stands out in my mind is the 2-0 win at Stewarts & Lloyds – a tough place to go on a Tuesday night.
“Then the performance they then put in at King’s Lynn was the most professional performance this side has ever put in and, to win in the manner they did, was just outstanding.”