Moore signing the ‘catalyst for success’
St Neots Town owner Mike Kearns picks out his key moments from the 2010/11 season
SIGNING striker Stefan Moore was THE key moment that provided the catalyst for St Neots Town’s memorable promotion-winning season.
That is the view of owner and chairman Mike Kearns, who captured the ex-Aston Villa star for an undisclosed five-figure sum from Halesowen Town at the beginning of October.
“Signing Stefan, without any shadow of a doubt, put us on the map.
“There were lots of other excellent signings too of course and closely following Stefan in my view was having Shane Tolley dropped on our lap.”
You may also want to watch:
Kearns also looked back over the other standout moments of the past season, saying: “The worst point was losing at home to King’s Lynn and who can forget Dan Jacob’s 94th minute winner at St Ives three days later?
“Going out of the FA Vase at King’s Lynn didn’t particularly bother us too much, as it meant we could focus on the league without a fixture pile-up.
- 1 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“Another result that also stands out in my mind is the 2-0 win at Stewarts & Lloyds – a tough place to go on a Tuesday night.
“Then the performance they then put in at King’s Lynn was the most professional performance this side has ever put in and, to win in the manner they did, was just outstanding.”