Missed chances cost Goddy against Gt Yarmouth
Ridgeons First Division --- Godmanchester Rovers 0-2 Great Yarmouth --- ROVERS slid to sixth from bottom with a 2-0 home defeat by the league s form team Great Yarmouth. Goddy kept the scores level for over an hour before two late goals consigned them t
Ridgeons First Division ---
Godmanchester Rovers 0-2 Great Yarmouth ---
ROVERS slid to sixth from bottom with a 2-0 home defeat by the league's form team Great Yarmouth.
Goddy kept the scores level for over an hour before two late goals consigned them to defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Godmanchester manager Karly Hurst said the game had followed a familiar frustrating pattern.
"We did enough in the match to take a point, but couldn't put away the chances we created. We've not had the rub of the green in recent matches."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
Hurst also said he recognised that his squad needed new blood, and hoped to have at least two new additions signed up and playing by Saturday.
Unbeaten in 17 matches, Yarmouth came looking for a win but were held in check in the first 45 minutes by a solid defensive display by Rovers.
Chances were at a premium in the first period, but Paul Bass almost rattled the Bloaters when he burst through only to drag his shot into the keeper.
The first goal came just after the hour when a long clearance was fumbled by keeper Connor Jordan, and the rebound dropped kindly for the Yarmouth forward to lob home.
Lee Boon and Bass both came close to getting Rovers back level but the visiting keeper pulled off two outstanding saves. As the game drew to a close Yarmouth broke away to net a second minutes from the end.
nGodmanchester hosted St Ives last night in the Hinchingbrooke Cup, and travel to Fakenham Town on Saturday. Kick-off 3pm.