Mini man Sam sits third in championship
- Credit: Archant
Papworth Everard racer Sam Tomlinson cemented his third place in the BARC Mighty Mini Championship following an exciting second round at Donington Park.
Tomlinson qualified in third spot for the first of the two races which were staged at the Leicestershire circuit last Sunday.
He was involved in a battle for the lead in his Skip UP-sponsored car until running wide at Redgate corner and having to settle for fifth position.
A pre-race downpour made conditions tricky for the second contest, but they held no fears for Tomlinson who has excelled in the wet in the past.
He made a swift start to briefly hit the front before settling into second place as he finished on the bumper of the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The championship continues at Brand Hatch on July 16/17.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer