NON-LEAGUE: Milestone day for midfield ace, but Eynesbury Rovers lose unbeaten record
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers tasted Spartan South Midlands League defeat for the first time last Saturday.
Mark Ducket's men were beaten 2-1 at fellow unbeaten side Colney Heath in a clash of two sets of Premier Division title hopefuls.
Rovers fell behind to an early goal from Jon Clements and were denied a leveller when a Dom Lawless effort hit the top of the crossbar.
Colney Heath doubled their lead just before the hour when Jack Woods headed home at the back post, but Eynesbury responded quickly.
Lawless halved their deficit when the beneficiary of fine work from Jordan Brown, but they couldn't claw their way back onto level terms.
You may also want to watch:
The best opportunity fell to substitute Nikco Williams, but he dragged his shot wide from the edge of the box as Eynesbury were beaten for the first time in six league outings this term.
Despite the setback, it was a milestone occasion for long-serving Rovers midfielder Robert Ducket, who made his 300th first-team appearance for the club.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Eynesbury look to have an ideal opportunity to return to winning ways this Saturday when hosting rock-bottom North Greenford United at Hall Road, 3pm.