NON-LEAGUE: Milestone day for midfield ace, but Eynesbury Rovers lose unbeaten record
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers tasted Spartan South Midlands League defeat for the first time last Saturday.
Mark Ducket's men were beaten 2-1 at fellow unbeaten side Colney Heath in a clash of two sets of Premier Division title hopefuls.
Rovers fell behind to an early goal from Jon Clements and were denied a leveller when a Dom Lawless effort hit the top of the crossbar.
Colney Heath doubled their lead just before the hour when Jack Woods headed home at the back post, but Eynesbury responded quickly.
Lawless halved their deficit when the beneficiary of fine work from Jordan Brown, but they couldn't claw their way back onto level terms.
You may also want to watch:
The best opportunity fell to substitute Nikco Williams, but he dragged his shot wide from the edge of the box as Eynesbury were beaten for the first time in six league outings this term.
Despite the setback, it was a milestone occasion for long-serving Rovers midfielder Robert Ducket, who made his 300th first-team appearance for the club.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 5 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 6 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Police appeal to trace missing Huntingdon man
Eynesbury look to have an ideal opportunity to return to winning ways this Saturday when hosting rock-bottom North Greenford United at Hall Road, 3pm.