Midweek Football Reports
League Cup Preliminary Round Irchester 1 Eynesbury Rovers 3 THREE second half goals saw Rovers through into the first round proper of the League Cup. The home side took the lead from the penalty spot after 37 minutes but Neil Morris equalised for Rovers f
League Cup Preliminary Round
Irchester 1 Eynesbury Rovers 3
THREE second half goals saw Rovers through into the first round proper of the League Cup.
The home side took the lead from the penalty spot after 37 minutes but Neil Morris equalised for Rovers four minutes into the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Stevens put Eynesbury ahead on the hour mark before Ricky Taylor sealed victory for the visitors with seven minutes remaining.
UCL Premier Division
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
St Ives Town 4 Newport Pagnell 1
SAINTS warmed up for their FA Cup tie at Boreham Wood on Saturday with an excellent win over Newport Pagnell, despite falling behind to a Mike Riley strike on 20 minutes.
Graeme Thackray was quick to respond, netting the equaliser on 22 minutes before two goals just before half time settled the tie.
Stefean Lewis and Dom Carminati scored to give Saints some breathing space.
Thackray bagged his second of the game on 88 minutes to send Saints into one of their biggest ever matches on a high note.
UCL Premier Division
St Neots Town 1 Stotfold 2
SAINTS' miserable run of form continued as they went down to their third consecutive defeat at Rowley Park.
Player manager Steve Kuhne gave his side the lead after 10 minutes but Stotfold's Wayne Blows equalised just three minutes later.
Ian Thorne bagged the winner after 29 minutes and that was the way it stayed, condemning Saints to their third consecutive defeat in which time they have conceded 11 goals.