Midweek football: Late joy for Eynesbury but St Neots Town and St Ives Town slip up
- Credit: Archant
Ebey Marango fired a last-gasp winner as Eynesbury Rovers claimed an impressive scalp last night.
Marango struck in the final minute to secure a 1-0 victory over unbeaten Premier Division leaders AFC Kempston Rovers in the second round of the United Counties League KO Cup.
Rovers’ reward is a semi-final trip to Cogenhoe.
It wasn’t such a good night for St Neots Town a few miles away.
The Saints were beaten 2-1 by Hitchin in the Southern League Premier Division despite hitting the front courtesy of a second-minute Drew Roberts penalty.
You may also want to watch:
And St Ives Town also tasted defeat in their big promotion clash in Southern League Division One (Central).
The Saints dropped to fourth place after going down 2-0 at table-toppers AFC Rushden & Diamonds.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Godmanchester Rovers’ game against Haverhill in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division tonight (Wednesday) has been postponed.