Midfield talent Peter Clark marches from one set of Saints to another
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town midfielder Peter Clark will rejoin St Neots Town today - little more than a week after he helped to dump them out of the Hunts Senior Cup.
Clark scored a classy opening goal as St Ives caused a mini semi-final shock with a 2-1 success over their higher-level rivals last Tuesday.
Clark had a brief spell with St Neots at the start of the season, but couldn’t force his way into their plans.
But, following a change of management after the resignation of boss David Batch late last week, Clark is now wanted again by his hometown club.
St Ives boss Ricky Marheineke said: “Peter has contributed well to help us get into a good position and he moves on with our best wishes.
“He didn’t fit into the way St Neots were playing in pre-season, but they are probably going to change their style with the change of manager.
“He is from St Neots and he wants to test himself at that level again after playing for Histon last season.
- 1 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 2 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 6 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
- 9 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 10 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
“Midfield is an area in which we had to lose a player or two.”
Three St Ives fringe players have signed dual registration deals with United Counties League side Peterborough Northern Star.
Midfielder Jack Warwick and striker Chae Simons both played for Star last Saturday and they will be joined by Luca Dusi from this weekend.
Marheineke said: “It is benefitting both clubs for the lads to be getting some regular football at a good level.
“They’ll certainly be there for the rest of this month and then we’ll assess the situation.”