East Men s League Division 1 Letchworth I 5 St Ives I 3 ST IVES travelled to Letchworth on Saturday having drawn 3-3 with league leaders in November. The visitors started well and gained two early penalty corners, but soon fell behind to Letchworth. Anoth
East Men's League Division 1
Letchworth I 5 St Ives I 3
ST IVES travelled to Letchworth on Saturday having drawn 3-3 with league leaders in November. The visitors started well and gained two early penalty corners, but soon fell behind to Letchworth. Another Ives penalty corner was scored by Mark Clinton to draw the visitors level but the hosts then went on to dominate play and score a further three goals, two from penalty corners.
St Ives came out strong in the second half and Dave Land flicked the ball into the back of the net to give them a fighting chance. The hosts responded by converting again but Alex Cade responded for Ives by scoring from the far post. The hosts had a man dismissed for a foul on Chris Bollom and Ives went close but ended up the losers.
East Men's League Division Four NW
St Ives II 4 City of Peterborough VI 0
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
FOUR goals were knocked in by Pat Cooney for St Ives II as they cruised past City of Peterborough VI. This was a must win game with Ives ideally looking to boost their goal difference to maintain their push for promotion, and Ives did both with a comfortable victory. The hosts could have made more of their dominance in an error-strewn performance, but Cooney scored two either side of the break for the win.
Market Deeping II 6 St Ives III 1
STRUGGLING St Ives III were thumped by promotion-chasing Market Deeping. Early Ives pressure did not reflect their lowly league status but the fact that they failed to convert any of their chances did. The hosts snatched all of their chances and porr clearances or mistakes to score three either side of the interval. Kevin Donnelly scored from a penalty corner late on but this was scant consolation as Ives' only goal last month.
East Men's League Division Seven NW
St Ives IV 3 Alford II 3
SIX goals were shared between St Ives and Alford in a fast-flowing game. Mick Forsdick put Ives ahead before the visitors equalised. Kevin Donnelly restored the hosts' lead but the visitors had again equalised by the interval. Alford took the lead for the first time after the break but Jamie Bunting scored for Ives to ensure the game ended even.