Medal glory for martial arts aces at the National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Connor Phillips and Bradley Dearney led the Huntingdon and St Ives Tang Soo Do Association medal mission at the National Championships last weekend.
They grabbed two golds apiece – in hyungs and sparring - as the local martial arts aces were among more than 400 from across the United Kingdom to descend on the Sports Connexion venue in Coventry.
There was also a gold medal for clubmate Peter Dudgeon in the weapons section where Phillips took silver.
Victoria Namur also collected a second place while Delphine Namur bagged bronze.
There was a hat-trick of top spots in the hyungs bracket courtesy of Phillips, Dearnley and Maya Pandey.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria and Delphine Namur, and Olivia Skinner earned silver in the same category while Regis Godard, Asha Pandey, Catherine Carter and Martin Bennett took third places.
And there was more success in the sparring section as Dearnley and Phillips again grabbed gold while Carter picked up her second silver.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The Huntingdon Tang Soo Do group train on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7pm to 9pm) at One Leisure in the town.
The St Ives Tang Soo Do train on Sundays (11.30am to 1.30pm) and Fridays (7.30pm to 9pm) at One Leisure, St Ives.
Further information about the club is available from Master Mujahid Khan on 07973 636740.
The The Huntingdon and St Ives Tang Soo Do Association members pictured above are, back row, left to right, Bill Halliday, Paul Ireson, Peter Dudgeon, Regis Godard, Jack James, Bradley Dearnley, Connor Phillips, Tracey Digby, David Marsh, middle row, Maya Pandey, Asha Pandey, Catherine Carter, Master Lesley Allen, Master Mujahid Khan, Master Dawn Khan, Master Mike Allen, Gill Innes, front row, Delphine Namur, Victoria Namur, Martha Bennett, Olivia Skinner, Jakob Dudgeon and Jack Campbell.