Medal for St Ives star Maddison in Peterborough regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club talent Lauren Maddison collected a bronze medal at the Peterborough Junior Championships last Saturday.
Maddison competed in the Womens’ Junior 15B single sculls over the 1,000m course at Thorpe Meadows.
She began her challenge with a second place in her heat to progress to the repechage race where she took victory to advance to the final.
Maddison found herself trailing after a slow start but soon got into a good rhythm to secure third spot and close to within a foot of the second-placed finisher.
Another bright St Ives prospect narrowly missed out on a medal in the Peterborough event.
Sam Hasted completed in the Junior 13 single sculls and produced an impressive display to win his heat.
He occupied third place for much of the final, but was overtaken in the closing 200m to finish in fourth position.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police