Medal for St Ives star Maddison in Peterborough regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club talent Lauren Maddison collected a bronze medal at the Peterborough Junior Championships last Saturday.
Maddison competed in the Womens’ Junior 15B single sculls over the 1,000m course at Thorpe Meadows.
She began her challenge with a second place in her heat to progress to the repechage race where she took victory to advance to the final.
Maddison found herself trailing after a slow start but soon got into a good rhythm to secure third spot and close to within a foot of the second-placed finisher.
Another bright St Ives prospect narrowly missed out on a medal in the Peterborough event.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Hasted completed in the Junior 13 single sculls and produced an impressive display to win his heat.
He occupied third place for much of the final, but was overtaken in the closing 200m to finish in fourth position.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder