Maul the training pays off with win
St Ives AFTER a couple of weeks of hard training, St Ives U14 travelled to Biggleswade at the weekend looking to erase there memory of their last game against a strong Shelford side. From the start, the team looked fired up and some excellent mauling fro
AFTER a couple of weeks of hard training, St Ives U14 travelled to Biggleswade at the weekend looking to erase there memory of their last game against a strong Shelford side.
From the start, the team looked fired up and some excellent mauling from the forwards set the tone, with one maul covering nearly 40 metres.
Jonny Radbone claimed the first score of the day when he crossed out wide, before county centre Pat Nicholson scored a hat-trick of tries to put the game beyond doubt.
You may also want to watch:
Further scores came from man of the match Aden Fry (2) and Tom Whiteside as Saints claimed a 37-5 victory.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
SAINTS U11 finished their 2006 match programme with a flourish as they claimed two victories at Hitchin.
Curtis Bundy scored two tries as Hitchin's first team were seen off 14-7 and added another in Saints' romped home against the hosts' second team 42-0. Ben Tyler and Cameron Brown also hit doubles with Alex Purdon completing the scoring. Adam Williams was named man of the match.