Maul the training pays off with win
St Ives AFTER a couple of weeks of hard training, St Ives U14 travelled to Biggleswade at the weekend looking to erase there memory of their last game against a strong Shelford side. From the start, the team looked fired up and some excellent mauling fro
AFTER a couple of weeks of hard training, St Ives U14 travelled to Biggleswade at the weekend looking to erase there memory of their last game against a strong Shelford side.
From the start, the team looked fired up and some excellent mauling from the forwards set the tone, with one maul covering nearly 40 metres.
Jonny Radbone claimed the first score of the day when he crossed out wide, before county centre Pat Nicholson scored a hat-trick of tries to put the game beyond doubt.
Further scores came from man of the match Aden Fry (2) and Tom Whiteside as Saints claimed a 37-5 victory.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
SAINTS U11 finished their 2006 match programme with a flourish as they claimed two victories at Hitchin.
Curtis Bundy scored two tries as Hitchin's first team were seen off 14-7 and added another in Saints' romped home against the hosts' second team 42-0. Ben Tyler and Cameron Brown also hit doubles with Alex Purdon completing the scoring. Adam Williams was named man of the match.