Matt Clements stands down as manager of Godmanchester Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Matt Clements has resigned as boss of Godmanchester Rovers tonight.
Clements had been at the David Wilson Homes Ground for one season, guiding Rovers to a second successive runners-up finish in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division.
Clements, who joined the club last summer from Cambs League outfit Hardwick, has cited increased work commitments as the reason for his departure, but hopes to return to management in the future.
In a statement on the club’s website, Clements said: “It is with a heavy heart I have made the decision to step down from my position due to my increase in work commitments.
“I would like to express my thanks and gratitude for the support and backing from the board of directors, the committee and supporters of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“I can only describe them as second to none and they have made my experience at Goddy a special and enjoyable one.
“I also have huge appreciation for the work done by my coaching staff and the players at the club - the fantastic youngsters in the Under 18 set-up, the quality players and management team in the reserves, and the first-team squad I’ve had the pleasure of working with.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“I give you my thanks, respect and admiration for allowing me to be part of one of, if not, the best groups of classy, honest and footballing talents around.”
Rovers are accepting applications for the vacant managerial position. Anyone interested in applying can do so here