ROWING: Success for St Ives at final regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing club enjoyed plenty of success in their final regatta of 2019.
The local club scooped six victories at the Cambridge Autumn Regatta, held on a 550m course on the River Cam.
Two of those triumphs were provided by the Masters section with Tony Bennett and Paul Ashmore dominant in the 'E' double sculls before joining forces with Gary Gilbey and Pip Woodford to add 'D' quad sculls honours to their collection.
Jess Hasted and Rosie Craven came through three races to win the Women's Junior 16 double sculls, beating Peterborough and Cantabrigian before seeing off Sudbury in the showpiece.
Harriet Heylen and Ruby Jordan were smooth winners of the Women's double sculls while David Welch enjoyed a comfortable triumph in the Open Band 2 single sculls after seeing off a couple of rivals from Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Allen prevailed against a Huntingdon Boat Club rival in an all-local final to the Junior 16 single sculls.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding