‘Massive plus’ as Micky Hyem becomes one of three players to commit to Godmanchester Rovers, but two others move on
- Credit: Archant
New manager Adie Cambridge has described Micky Hyem’s decision to stay at Godmanchester Rovers as a ‘massive plus’.
The midfielder is one of three players to commit themselves to the back-to-back Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division runners-up for another season - central defender Tom Moran and left-sided player Luke Seaber-Shinn are the others.
“It is a massive plus that Micky has agreed to stay,” said Cambridge. “He is a big player both on and off the field, and I look at him as being one of the leaders at the club.
“I’m looking forward to working with him, and the same also applies to Tom and Luke.
“I know Tom had some injury problems last season, which he is keen to put behind him, while Luke is determined to make the left-back berth his own.”
But highly-rated goalkeeper Niall Conroy and centre-back Lloyd Groves have notified Cambridge they will not be back.
Both players are understood to be targets for Southern League Division One (Central) side Histon, while Conroy has also been invited to Southern League Premier Division outfit St Neots for pre-season training.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Meet TikTok councillor aiming to make Cambridgeshire politics more fun
Cambridge added: “Niall and Lloyd have both told me they are planning to give it a go at a higher-level and we wish them both the very best.”