MARTIAL ARTS: Medals galore at national championships for Tang Soo Do talents
- Credit: Archant
Local martial arts aces tasted success at the World Tang Soo Do Association National Championships recently.
Members of Huntingdon and St Ives clubs collected a stack of medals at the big event in Coventry.
Taylor Hennah and Betony Bennett completed golden doubles in the hyungs and sparring categories, while Riley Tauber took gold in weapons and sparring. Rosie Alexander also picked up a top spot in hyungs.
There were silver medal doubles for Shazan Amin (weapons and hyungs) and Regis Goddard (hyungs and sparring) while three other club memebers also earned two medals.
Katie Alexander took second in hyungs and third in sparring, David Marsh bagged second in hyungs and third in sparring, and Alex Gerard was third in hyungs and sparring.
You may also want to watch:
Martha Bennett (second in sparring), Callum Carr (third in sparring), Peter Dudgeon (third in weapons), Lindsey Dudgeon (third in hyungs), Remi Borowska (third in hyungs) and Jakob Dudgeon (third in weapons) were other medal-winners.
Lindsey Dudgeon’s bronze was a first accolade for the recent formed Huntingdon ladies club, which runs sessions on a Tuesday night in the town.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Further information on the local clubs is available from Master Mujahid Khan on 07973 636740.