MARTIAL ARTS: Medals galore at national championships for Tang Soo Do talents
- Credit: Archant
Local martial arts aces tasted success at the World Tang Soo Do Association National Championships recently.
Members of Huntingdon and St Ives clubs collected a stack of medals at the big event in Coventry.
Taylor Hennah and Betony Bennett completed golden doubles in the hyungs and sparring categories, while Riley Tauber took gold in weapons and sparring. Rosie Alexander also picked up a top spot in hyungs.
There were silver medal doubles for Shazan Amin (weapons and hyungs) and Regis Goddard (hyungs and sparring) while three other club memebers also earned two medals.
Katie Alexander took second in hyungs and third in sparring, David Marsh bagged second in hyungs and third in sparring, and Alex Gerard was third in hyungs and sparring.
Martha Bennett (second in sparring), Callum Carr (third in sparring), Peter Dudgeon (third in weapons), Lindsey Dudgeon (third in hyungs), Remi Borowska (third in hyungs) and Jakob Dudgeon (third in weapons) were other medal-winners.
Lindsey Dudgeon’s bronze was a first accolade for the recent formed Huntingdon ladies club, which runs sessions on a Tuesday night in the town.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
Further information on the local clubs is available from Master Mujahid Khan on 07973 636740.