Martial arts ace Ashton earns England spot
- Credit: Archant
Mini marvel Ashton Brannigan has been selected to fight for England.
The nine year-old, who trains with the Peterborough BCKA Club in Ramsey, impressed international selectors with his efforts at recent trials.
His first outing for his country is likely to be the WKKC European Championships in June. He will also compete in the Irish Open this year as well the qualifiers for the 2016 World Championships.
Peterborough BCKA chief Andy Whitwell said: “I am very pleased with Ashton’s progress and expect great things from him.”
Peterborough BCKA are now accepting new members into the Ramsey club that trains at the Abbey College on Sunday evenings from 6.30pm to 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining should contact Whitwell on 07969 792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home