Marsh the man as Eynesbury sink the Fenmen but Huntingdon suffer again
- Credit: Archant
Mark Ducket’s memorable start to his Eynesbury reign continued today.
Rovers extended their proud unbeaten run to nine matches with a 1-0 triumph at Wisbech Town in the United Counties League Premier Division.
Alex Marsh struck for the second successive game when hitting the only goal at the Fenland Stadium with 12 minutes remaining.
Eynesbury also won the reverse fixture against Wisbech by the same scoreline last month with Ducket taking charge 48 hours later. He has won five and drawn one of his six games at the helm since then.
The new year started in familiar fashion for Huntingdon Town as the bottom side were beaten 3-0 by Sleaford Town at Jubilee Park.
They conceded five minutes before and five minutes after the interval with a third Sleaford goal on the hour sealing their fate.
Huntingdon remain eight points adrift at the bottom of the Premier Division table and nine points from safety.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
Godmanchester Rovers’ home clash against Swaffham in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the David Wilson Homes Ground.