Marsh the man as Eynesbury sink the Fenmen but Huntingdon suffer again
- Credit: Archant
Mark Ducket’s memorable start to his Eynesbury reign continued today.
Rovers extended their proud unbeaten run to nine matches with a 1-0 triumph at Wisbech Town in the United Counties League Premier Division.
Alex Marsh struck for the second successive game when hitting the only goal at the Fenland Stadium with 12 minutes remaining.
Eynesbury also won the reverse fixture against Wisbech by the same scoreline last month with Ducket taking charge 48 hours later. He has won five and drawn one of his six games at the helm since then.
The new year started in familiar fashion for Huntingdon Town as the bottom side were beaten 3-0 by Sleaford Town at Jubilee Park.
You may also want to watch:
They conceded five minutes before and five minutes after the interval with a third Sleaford goal on the hour sealing their fate.
Huntingdon remain eight points adrift at the bottom of the Premier Division table and nine points from safety.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Godmanchester Rovers’ home clash against Swaffham in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the David Wilson Homes Ground.