Mark of respect to former manager
A tournament in memory of a former manager of St Ives Rangers was held at the weekend. Rangers U12 Girls hosted the first Mark Rebane memorial tournament – to become an annual event – and made the final of the competition. Mark Rebane was manager of Range
A tournament in memory of a former manager of St Ives Rangers was held at the weekend.
Rangers U12 Girls hosted the first Mark Rebane memorial tournament - to become an annual event - and made the final of the competition.
Mark Rebane was manager of Rangers and also worked closely with St Ives Rangers Disability FC until his death last year.
The weekend tournament was played in a round-robin format, with Rangers competing against teams from Cottenham and Bar Hill.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives shrugged off some defeats in the group stage to make the final against Cottenham.
The final was a close-fought contest with Rangers taking a lead before Cottenham equalised with seconds left. Extra-time failed to settle it and Cottenham won after a penalty-shoot-out.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
St Ives manager Roger Bates said: "The tournament was a fitting tribute to Mark and was played with a camaraderie that he would have been proud of.