Marheineke gives his side the half time hairdryer
Huntingdon Town manager not pleased with first half showing at Rothwell
DESPITE Huntingdon Town’s recent resurgence, that has seen them go seven unbeaten and win away at the leaders, they were still given a dressing down by new boss Ricky Marheineke on Saturday.
Dan Drane’s first half goal earned Town a 1-0 UCL Division One win at Rothwell on Saturday and made it five wins from seven, following on from a terrific 2-1 defeat of AFC Kempston Rovers four days earlier.
But even that didn’t save the rejuvenated youngsters from an ear bashing at the weekend – as Marheineke explained.
“We didn’t play well first half at Rothwell and, at half time, we gave a few of them a bit of a talking too and made a few things very clear to everybody, that the first half performance wasn’t acceptable.
“It felt too much like a typical end of season game, where neither side has anything to play for.
“But we addressed it and second half we were much better.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
However Marheineke did praise his side for their effort at Kempston last Tuesday, saying: “It was a fantastic result and we were deserved winners.
“The one thing that Kempston will always do, because they are so attack minded, is leave themselves open to the counter attack and we took full advantage.”
Huntingdon welcome Harborough Town to Jubilee Park on Saturday.