Marheineke gives his side the half time hairdryer
Huntingdon Town manager not pleased with first half showing at Rothwell
DESPITE Huntingdon Town’s recent resurgence, that has seen them go seven unbeaten and win away at the leaders, they were still given a dressing down by new boss Ricky Marheineke on Saturday.
Dan Drane’s first half goal earned Town a 1-0 UCL Division One win at Rothwell on Saturday and made it five wins from seven, following on from a terrific 2-1 defeat of AFC Kempston Rovers four days earlier.
But even that didn’t save the rejuvenated youngsters from an ear bashing at the weekend – as Marheineke explained.
“We didn’t play well first half at Rothwell and, at half time, we gave a few of them a bit of a talking too and made a few things very clear to everybody, that the first half performance wasn’t acceptable.
You may also want to watch:
“It felt too much like a typical end of season game, where neither side has anything to play for.
“But we addressed it and second half we were much better.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
However Marheineke did praise his side for their effort at Kempston last Tuesday, saying: “It was a fantastic result and we were deserved winners.
“The one thing that Kempston will always do, because they are so attack minded, is leave themselves open to the counter attack and we took full advantage.”
Huntingdon welcome Harborough Town to Jubilee Park on Saturday.