Manager swaps boots for shoes
A JUNIOR football manager from St Neots will be swapping his football boots for running shoes as he takes part in the ING New York Marathon to raise money for the Alzheimer s Society. Craig Jallal, 45, is manager of the Priory J under 10 football team and
A JUNIOR football manager from St Neots will be swapping his football boots for running shoes as he takes part in the ING New York Marathon to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
Craig Jallal, 45, is manager of the Priory J under 10 football team and will take up the challenge of running the marathon in November.
Craig, who works in London, said: "I am training by ditching the Tube and running to work instead. It's more than two and a half miles across London from Kings Cross railway station to the office on Lower Thames Street and I run back in the evenings too.
"It means I'm running just over five miles a day, or a marathon every week, although I hope it doesn't take me a week to finish the New York Marathon. My father has dementia and I am running to raise awareness and money to research a cure."
You may also want to watch:
Jo Swinhoe, director of fundraising at the Alzheimer's Society said: "We are delighted that Craig is giving his time and energy to take on this running challenge for us. There are over 750,000 people in the UK with dementia and more than half of these have Alzheimer's disease.
"We are searching for a way to cure this devastating disease but as a charity we rely wholeheartedly on the support of individuals and their generosity."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Craig is hoping to raise £2,500 for the Alzheimer's Society. If you would like to sponsor Craig contact him on 020 7334 3461 or visit www.justgiving.com/jallal