Lydia starts out in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Lydia Bedford enjoyed a successful start in the St Neots Saints hotseat as they powered to victory in their first friendly outing of the summer.
The Saints side, featuring a number of members of the club’s new scholarship programme, recovered from conceding an early goal to slam Haverhill Rovers 6-1 on Thursday night.
Dan Hobbs levelled and a Luis Vieira brace put them on top before the break.
Kelvin Osei-Addo struck twice in the space of seven second-half minutes before Sean Barker completed the scoring late on.
St Neots Town drew 1-1 at Dereham on Saturday. They hit the front courtesy of a first-half own goal, but were pegged back late on.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Town manager Ricky Marheineke is keen to make a defensive signing ahead of the new season. They are short on numbers at the back and handed a run-out to former Huntingdon Town man Geilyou Mailancol during a 2-1 defeat at the hands of higher-level ProEdge Westwood Road tenants Cambridge City on Saturday.
Jack Higgs scored St Ives’ goal from the penalty spot and boss Marheineke admitted: “I’m looking to bring in one more centre-back as it is a position we are a little light in currently.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Two locals sides drew at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday where Godmanchester Rovers were held 1-1 by Eynesbury Rovers.
Simon Unwin found the net for the hosts with Shane Fox on target for the visitors.
Saturday, August 1: Concord Rangers v St Neots, Spalding v St Ives, Ampthill v Eynesbury Rovers, Godmanchester Rovers v Soham.
Tuesday, August 4: Eynesbury Rovers v Biggleswade.