Lydia starts out in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Lydia Bedford enjoyed a successful start in the St Neots Saints hotseat as they powered to victory in their first friendly outing of the summer.
The Saints side, featuring a number of members of the club’s new scholarship programme, recovered from conceding an early goal to slam Haverhill Rovers 6-1 on Thursday night.
Dan Hobbs levelled and a Luis Vieira brace put them on top before the break.
Kelvin Osei-Addo struck twice in the space of seven second-half minutes before Sean Barker completed the scoring late on.
St Neots Town drew 1-1 at Dereham on Saturday. They hit the front courtesy of a first-half own goal, but were pegged back late on.
St Ives Town manager Ricky Marheineke is keen to make a defensive signing ahead of the new season. They are short on numbers at the back and handed a run-out to former Huntingdon Town man Geilyou Mailancol during a 2-1 defeat at the hands of higher-level ProEdge Westwood Road tenants Cambridge City on Saturday.
Jack Higgs scored St Ives’ goal from the penalty spot and boss Marheineke admitted: “I’m looking to bring in one more centre-back as it is a position we are a little light in currently.”
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
Two locals sides drew at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday where Godmanchester Rovers were held 1-1 by Eynesbury Rovers.
Simon Unwin found the net for the hosts with Shane Fox on target for the visitors.
Saturday, August 1: Concord Rangers v St Neots, Spalding v St Ives, Ampthill v Eynesbury Rovers, Godmanchester Rovers v Soham.
Tuesday, August 4: Eynesbury Rovers v Biggleswade.