Lowe sets high standards in County championships
AMBER Lowe was the stand-out performer for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club as the club hosted the County Recreational Apparatus Championships. Lowe won gold medals on all four apparatus – bar, beam, floor and vault – as she swept the board in the 13+ age group
AMBER Lowe was the stand-out performer for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club as the club hosted the County Recreational Apparatus Championships.
Lowe won gold medals on all four apparatus - bar, beam, floor and vault - as she swept the board in the 13+ age group.
The 16 Huntingdon athletes performed well against strong opposition from across the county, with the top four in age group representing Cambridge in the Regional Finals in Ipswich on November 14.
Charlotte Saywell took the bronze on vault and floor, and finished fourth on beam. Caitlin Cash did well to win silver on bars, and Emma Rosen's beautiful choreography on floor and assured routine on beam earned her two silver medals. She also took fourth place on bars.
Molly Hall, competing in the 8-10 years age group, won the gold medal on the floor and the bronze medal on the bars.
Georgia Blakeman performed confidently on the beam to secure her gold medal, and followed up with a fourth place on the vault and bars. Jade Strachan showed consistency to claim bronze medals on vault and beam, and silver on floor, ahead of team-mate Nicole Williams who won bronze.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
In the 11-12 years category, Lori French took the silver medal on floor.
In the 12+ boys' category, William Cooper won the gold medal on vault, and silvers on floor and parallel bars. Cameron Furneaux and George Harris took joint silver medals on vault, with Harris' poised floor performance winning him gold.
Aidan Jackson took the gold medal on the parallel bars, demonstrating fluidity and control, and the bronze medal on floor. Tyrell Saunders-Fennel took the bronze medal on parallel bars.