Lowe sets high standards in County championships
AMBER Lowe was the stand-out performer for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club as the club hosted the County Recreational Apparatus Championships. Lowe won gold medals on all four apparatus – bar, beam, floor and vault – as she swept the board in the 13+ age group
AMBER Lowe was the stand-out performer for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club as the club hosted the County Recreational Apparatus Championships.
Lowe won gold medals on all four apparatus - bar, beam, floor and vault - as she swept the board in the 13+ age group.
The 16 Huntingdon athletes performed well against strong opposition from across the county, with the top four in age group representing Cambridge in the Regional Finals in Ipswich on November 14.
Charlotte Saywell took the bronze on vault and floor, and finished fourth on beam. Caitlin Cash did well to win silver on bars, and Emma Rosen's beautiful choreography on floor and assured routine on beam earned her two silver medals. She also took fourth place on bars.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Hall, competing in the 8-10 years age group, won the gold medal on the floor and the bronze medal on the bars.
Georgia Blakeman performed confidently on the beam to secure her gold medal, and followed up with a fourth place on the vault and bars. Jade Strachan showed consistency to claim bronze medals on vault and beam, and silver on floor, ahead of team-mate Nicole Williams who won bronze.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
In the 11-12 years category, Lori French took the silver medal on floor.
In the 12+ boys' category, William Cooper won the gold medal on vault, and silvers on floor and parallel bars. Cameron Furneaux and George Harris took joint silver medals on vault, with Harris' poised floor performance winning him gold.
Aidan Jackson took the gold medal on the parallel bars, demonstrating fluidity and control, and the bronze medal on floor. Tyrell Saunders-Fennel took the bronze medal on parallel bars.