Louis Smith selected for GB squad for Europeans
- Credit: Archant
There is joy for one of Huntingdon Gym Club’s big stars . . . but disappointment for another.
Louis Smith’s terrific return to the sport has continued with selection to the Great Britain squad for the European Championships in France.
The 25-year-old pommel horse specialist will represent GB for the first time since his medal double at the London Olympics in 2012.
He has been rewarded for terrific displays at the recent English and British Championships with selection for the European event in Montpellier next week.
But Huntingdon clubmate Daniel Keatings has failed to make the GB cut. The former World and Commonwealth silver medallist took a tumble at the recent British Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The six-man GB squad also includes former Huntingdon gymnast Sam Oldham, Max Whitlock, Kristian Thomas, Daniel Purvis and Courtney Tulloch.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k