Louis just misses out on another bronze medal
HUNTINGDON Olympic medallist Louis Smith missed out on a medal at the World Cup Pommel Horse Final in Madrid, failing to snatch third spot by a mere 0.425 of a point. Fellow Huntingdon Olympic Gymnast Daniel Keatings looked set to challenge for a medal in
HUNTINGDON Olympic medallist Louis Smith missed out on a medal at the World Cup Pommel Horse Final in Madrid, failing to snatch third spot by a mere 0.425 of a point.
Fellow Huntingdon Olympic Gymnast Daniel Keatings looked set to challenge for a medal in the same event, but took a fall from the apparatus after a promising start and finished fifth.
Having narrowly missed out, Smith jetted back to Liverpool to display his talents on BBC's Sports Personality of the Year Award.
Two younger Huntingdon Olympic Gymnasts were picked to represent Great Britain in an U16 four-way international, held in Bristol this weekend. Max Bennett, 15, and Cameron Mackenzie, 16, provided solid consistent routines aiding their team to take Gold. Great Britain's team score was 411.750 a massive margin over the three other countries: Switzerland got 403.500, Germany got 391.950 and France got 390.300. Max competed all six pieces of apparatus without fall with a personal best score of 81.250 including a High Bar score of 14.000, the highest Bar score in the GB camp. Cameron also competed all of his routines without major error and three of his routine scores counted towards the final team score.
You may also want to watch:
"What a fantastic way for HGC's junior boys to end the year" said junior boys coach Ben Howells. "The boys have trained brilliantly and delivered yet again. From Junior to Senior, home nation championships through European to Olympic medal wins, HGC have produced some of Great Britain's best and most exciting results in 2008.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k