Longsands student crowned national wakeboard champion
Katie Batchelor wins UK National Wakeboard Cable Girl title at Wakeboard Cable Nationals in Cirencester.
LONGSANDS College student Katie Batchelor was crowned UK National Wakeboard Cable Girl champion at the recent Wakeboard Cable Nationals held in Cirencester.
The 14-year-old, who lives in Great Staughton, won the title of national champion for boat wakeboard in the girls’ category and currently holds both national titles for cable and boat wakeboarding.
Her win at Cirencester came just five days after she returned with the British wakeboard team from Milan where she came fourth in the Worlds.
You may also want to watch:
Batchelor, who has a grant from Sports Aid, has been competing nationally for just under two years and internationally for one year and came third at the Europeans in Sweden last year.
She has only been cable wakeboarding for 18 months, since joining Box End Park club in Bedford in 2009.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity