ATHLETICS: Half-a-dozen successes for Hunts AC in final Eastern Masters League event
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC ended the Eastern Masters League season on a high – thanks to six victories at the final meet in Corby.
Phil Bowers leaped out to 5.11m to triumph in the M50 long jump and also climbed into the top 10 of the national rankings in the process.
Jo Abel also enjoyed success in the sand as she took the W35 event with 4.28m
Two other Hunts AC members were flying high in the pole vault. Sandra Pedley’s two-metre clearance earned W50 honours and consolidated her fourth position in the national list.
Richard Phelan sits third in the national rankings at M50 level thanks to a 3.22m effort a few weeks ago. A clearance of 3.10m was enough to earn victory on this occasion.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a victory on the track courtesy of Jim Stocker (who won the M60 mile in 6.24.3) and another successful arrived in the throws (Bob Ellingham taking the M50 discus with a launch of 31.49m).
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache