Lola reveal 24-hr race agreement
Huntingdon-based race car manufacturer Lola Cars have announced a link-up with Audi for this year s Le Mans 24-hour race. The Geneva-based Swiss Spirit team will race a Lola B07/10, with factory support from Audi. The announcement means Lola have programm
Huntingdon-based race car manufacturer Lola Cars have announced a link-up with Audi for this year's Le Mans 24-hour race.
The Geneva-based Swiss Spirit team will race a Lola B07/10, with factory support from Audi. The announcement means Lola have programmes involving Honda, Mazda and Audi.
In charge of the new combination of Lola chassis and Audi engine will be experienced sportscar entrant and long-standing Audi customer Fred Stalder, who ran Touring Cars for the German manufacturer in the 1980s and 1990s.
Lola Cars International Ltd Managing Director Rupert Manwaring said: "This is a great opportunity to work with a fellow major player in international sports car racing.
You may also want to watch:
"The LMP1 has undergone a major update for the 2007 season. With these developments, combined with the huge promise the design showed last season, it is another ringing endorsement of the trust that top teams and manufacturers have in Lola products."
This year's Le Mans 24-hour race will take place in June.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?