Lola puts on fantastic show
HUNTINGDON racing car manufacturer Lola successfully completed another Le Mans 24 Hours race at the weekend. Andy Wallace, Tommy Erdos and Mike Newton finished a remarkable 8th overall in LeMans after a trouble-free 24-hour run. The result included a LMP2
HUNTINGDON racing car manufacturer Lola successfully completed another Le Mans 24 Hours race at the weekend.
Andy Wallace, Tommy Erdos and Mike Newton finished a remarkable 8th overall in LeMans after a trouble-free 24-hour run.
The result included a LMP2 class victory for the RML Lola-MG and a unique first, second and fourth in the prototype class and all - bar one - of the five Lola sports
cars cross the finish line.
It was the first time an LMP2 car has ever finished inside the top 10 at the world's most gruelling motorsport event and the third LMP2 victory for Lola at Le Mans in the past four years.
Lola sports cars have also now won the last three classic sports car endurance LMP2 classes: at Le Mans 2005, Petit Le Mans 2005, Sebring 2006 and now Le Mans once again.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
Lola's Sam Smith said: "It was a fine achievement by all of our teams to put on such a fantastic show. It is also a great endorsement of our engineers' skills in designing and building such quick and strong cars.
"We proved again at the weekend that we are still at the top of the tree when it comes to Le Mans.