Lola puts on fantastic show
HUNTINGDON racing car manufacturer Lola successfully completed another Le Mans 24 Hours race at the weekend. Andy Wallace, Tommy Erdos and Mike Newton finished a remarkable 8th overall in LeMans after a trouble-free 24-hour run. The result included a LMP2
HUNTINGDON racing car manufacturer Lola successfully completed another Le Mans 24 Hours race at the weekend.
Andy Wallace, Tommy Erdos and Mike Newton finished a remarkable 8th overall in LeMans after a trouble-free 24-hour run.
The result included a LMP2 class victory for the RML Lola-MG and a unique first, second and fourth in the prototype class and all - bar one - of the five Lola sports
cars cross the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time an LMP2 car has ever finished inside the top 10 at the world's most gruelling motorsport event and the third LMP2 victory for Lola at Le Mans in the past four years.
Lola sports cars have also now won the last three classic sports car endurance LMP2 classes: at Le Mans 2005, Petit Le Mans 2005, Sebring 2006 and now Le Mans once again.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Lola's Sam Smith said: "It was a fine achievement by all of our teams to put on such a fantastic show. It is also a great endorsement of our engineers' skills in designing and building such quick and strong cars.
"We proved again at the weekend that we are still at the top of the tree when it comes to Le Mans.