BOWLS: Both Hunts men’s sides are beaten in their final county fixtures
- Credit: Archant
The two Hunts men’s team ended their county campaigns on a losing note against Lincolnshire last weekend.
They went down 187-143 in the Adams Trophy – just a second reverse in six outings this summer - but went down 178-127 in the Newton Trophy to complete an unwanted 100 per cent record in that competition.
Reigning national two-bowl singles champion Robert Jepson and Kev Bowers skipped their rinks to success in the Adams Trophy clash at the Burton House club in Boston, but hosts Lincolnshire dominated on the other four rinks.
There were also two rink triumphs for Hunts in the Newton Trophy loss at Grantham.
The all-Hemingford trio of Andy Townsend, Ray Woodward and skip Peter Reason prevailed 27-21 while Richard Coles guided his side – featuring Ian Hamilton and Barry McCormick – to a 28-24 victory.
You may also want to watch:
But Hunts lost heavily on the other rinks as they ended the season with a record of four successive defeats.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Lincolnshire 187, Hunts 143
Hunts rinks: Dave Richardson/Kev Ward/Robert Jepson won 31-22, Brian Garratt/John Hignett/Kev Bowers won 31-26, Colin Bates/Mack May/Richard Stevens lost 21-29, Trevor Dighton/Dave McCulloch/Ian Swannell lost 23-34, David Peak/Stuart Hastings/John Mitchley lost 22-39, Matt Cooksey/Brian Johnson/Eric Baker lost 15-37.
Lincolnshire 178, Hunts 127
Hunts rinks: Andy Townsend/Ray Woodward/Peter Reason won 27-21, Ian Hamilton/Barry McCormick/Richard Coles won 28-24, Adrian Cossey/Tony Dymond/Malcolm Dudley lost 19-31, Steve Williams/Merv Rossin/John Waine lost 18-31, Sam Ormiston/Sam Brugnoli/Peter Hutchinson lost 21-37, Richard Jolly/Jim Daniel/Barry Stevens lost 14-34.