CRICKET: Cup final defeat for Ramsey; semi-final exit for Waresley
- Credit: Archant
Ramsey missed out on Jaidka Cup glory when being beaten in the final of the prestigious 20/20 competition on Wednesday night.
They went down to Lincolnshire side Bourne by eight wickets in a showpiece clash staged at Peterborough Town CC.
Skipper Michael Cafferkey led the way for Ramsey with a half-century as they amassed 167-6. His innings of 57 was backed up by Taylor West (42) and Jake Towerton (30no).
But that total was eclipsed by Bourne with almost six overs to spare as they lifted the trophy.
Openers Jack Berry (71) and Rob Bentley (57) did most of the damage as they put on 103 for the opening wicket.
Waresley saw their hopes of East Beds Shield silverware ended by Southill Park earlier this week.
They restricted their opponents to 120-4 but still came up 23 runs short despite an unbeaten 47 from Dan Cummins.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed