MOTORSPORT: Guy feeling Jolly after roaring to glory
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon racer Guy Jolly didn’t dwell on his World Championship Final disappointment for long.
Jolly's hopes of major glory were dashed earlier this month when he was caught up in a 14-car smash during the big event at Skegness.
But he shrugged off that setback to start his challenge for 2020 success by winning the opening qualifying event at King's Lynn last Saturday.
Jolly finished second and third in his two heats and soon forced his way into second place in the 20-lap final.
He then pulled off a fine move to pass longtime leader Gilen Bullock with three laps to go to roar to victory.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a great way to bounce back after a tough weekend in the World Final," said Jolly. "The car performed brilliantly and we were able to have success on a track which hasn't brought us much luck in the past."
His exploits also clinched the King's Lynn track championship for 2019.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding