CRICKET: Hunts youngsters enjoy Taunton triumph
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 12s enjoyed Taunton Cricket Fest success at the first attempt.
The local lads recorded two victories and a losing draw in their three fixtures to take the trophy.
Hunts pipped Wiltshire by one wicket in their opening game after dismissing them for 132. Jairus Charles and Daniel Wells took three wickets apiece.
An emphatic seven-wicket win against Leicestershire then followed.
Luke Ashwell (3-24) was the pick of their bowlers as they dismissed their opponents for 194 before Charles starred with an unbeaten 71 in a successful chase. Mark Austin (32) and Oliver Parncutt (30no) also contributed well.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts then completed their fixtures with a losing draw against Norfolk, making 175-9 in reply to a posting of 177.
Vaseeharan bowled superbly to take 4-33 before Charles (63) and Ashwell (49) impressed with the bat.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
The Hunts squad, coached by Matt Slack and Steve Brown, was made up of Luke Ashwell, Mark Austin, Jairus Charles, Callum Daws, Ryan Fowler, Jack Hodgson, Max Jordison, Oliver Parncutt, Noah Smith, Divyeash Vaseeharan, Adam Watling, Jacob Watling and Daniel Wells.