CRICKET: Two wins against Welsh sides for Hunts team during their summer tour
- Credit: Archant
A combined Hunts Under 12 and Under 13 squad played three times in as many days during their summer tour to Bromsgrove recently.
Both wins arriving against Welsh opponents as they saw off Carmarthenshire by 149 runs and then beat Pembrokeshire by four wickets.
A half-century from Jack Haynes (59) and Matthew Mills’ impressive 38 helped the Hunts lads pile up 259-9 against a Camarthenshire side they then dismissed for 110. Finn Moloney, Ryan Fowler and Daniel Wells claimed two wickets apiece.
Wells (3-7), James Bennett (3-14) and Fowler (2-12) were in lethal form with the ball the following day as Hunts skittled Pembrokeshire for just 91.
Fowler also top scored with an unbeaten 15 as they eased past that total despite falling to 40-4 at one stage of their reply.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts’ winning run was brought to an end in their final tour match when they went down by 28 runs against Tower Hamlets.
Wells (2-12) and Callum Daws (2-16) were among the wickets as the local lads restricted their London opponents to 162-9 in the 30-over contest.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
But Hunts could only manage 134 in reply with Sam Evans’ 37 being the stand-out contribution.
A hectic spell continued with two friendlies for the Under 12 squad which both ended in defeat.
They went down by 65 runs at neighbours Cambridgeshire when dismissed for just 83 while in pursuit of their hosts’ posting of 145-6.
An unbeaten 23 from Oliver Parncutt and 2-28 for Jack Hodgson were the individual highlights.
Hunts Under 12s then succumbed by 74 runs in a home clash against Yorkshire despite a fine unbeaten 59 from Jairus Charles.
Stan Weir also added 37no as Hunts reached 164-6 after Yorkshire earlier amassed 238-4. Fowler took 2-52 for Hunts.